We work together to continually develop and implement sustainable solutions. Through Green Thread, our environmental sustainability platform, we bring innovative and efficient solutions to life. We are passionately focused on reducing the environmental impact within our operations.
Here are just a few ways we work to make our campus more environmentally conscious: Reducing the use of small plastic wears with our skip the straw campaign, recycling fryer oil, promoting sustainability with our meals to go program in our residential dining halls.
Stay Tuned for what we have planed during earth day & earth week. We will have a zero waste event, and lots more to come!
Reusable To-Go Containers
Getting your meal to go from Geisert or Williams dining halls? Take part in our Reusable To-Go Container program. Here’s how it works:
- User can purchase an Eco-Takeout™ for $4.00 in Williams & Geisert Dining Hall. Cash, Credit Card, Dining Dollars, and Quick Cash accepted.
- User consumes food outside the dining hall.
- User rinses out Eco-Takeout™ container and returns it to Williams or Geisert Dining Hall to be washed and sanitized. In exchange, user will receive a token.
- Next time you would like to take food to go in Williams & Geisert Dining Hall, exchange your token for a clean Eco-Takeout ™.
- At the end of the school year, return your Eco-Takeout ™ container or token and be reimbursed the purchase price of $4.00.