Click on the link to explore our 2023-2024 meal plan brochure.
What is a Meal Plan?
A Meal Plan unlocks delicious meals, coffee, snacks, and more, at 8 locations across campus. Your Meal Plan includes Meal Swipes and DB Dining Dollars, conveniently loaded onto your QuickCard. No need to carry additional cards or cash!
Meal SwipesMeal Swipes give you access to any of our all-you-care-to-eat dining halls, including Williams or Geisert Dining Hall. Swipe/tap your card to enter one of the two dining hall options on campus. Each swipe/tap counts as one meal. Our dining halls are all-you-care-to-eat with buffet style and made-to-order selections. Benefits include: building your own plate, trying out new foods, and nutritious and allergy-friendly options. Dining hall meal swipes can also be used to purchase a meal-to-go option.
Dining DollarsDining Dollars are flexible dollars that are loaded to your QuickCard and can be used at all of your favorite dining options on campus. You can purchase beverages, snacks or meals with Dining Dollars. Each time a purchase is made, the money is subtracted from your account. Visit our locations page for location information, including dining hall menus and hours of operation.
Flex MealsThis offering allows you to “flex” a dining hall meal to treat a guest. Flex meals are part of your meal plan, so you can opt to use them for yourself or a guest. When entering a dining hall, please notify the cashier that you plan to use a flex meal.
BU BucksAn add-on flexible spending account for campus dining that offers convenience to purchase and additional promotions. BU Bucks can be added to your account for any amount over $10 at any time. They are used like Dining Dollars or for dining hall meals. BU Bucks continue to roll over from semester to semester until students leave the university; funds will then be eliminated.
Meal Plan Benefits
With your meal plan, you receive many benefits and perks, including:
- Quality food made fresh by our culinary team, with a variety of menu options personalized the way you like.
- Healthy choices available all across campus.
- Special events with themed meals and exclusive offers for meal plan members.
- Casual atmosphere with wifi, TVs, music and open seating—perfect for studying or hanging out with friends.
- Dedicated Allergen Friendly station at Geisert Dining Hall.
- To-go meals: simply request a to-go box when you swipe in at our dining hall – learn more about to-go meals!
Managing Your Plan
- August 19 - Residence Halls open/meal plans begin
- August 23 - Classes Begin
- Sept 1 - Last day to change meal plan